For therapeutics product updates visit Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (HHS/ASPR) COVID-19 therapeutics webpage.
Who is eligible for treatment?
Patients at highest risk of severe COVID-19 that may benefit from outpatient treatment:
- Age 50 years or older. COVID-19 risks increase for those 65 and older.
- Not up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccine.
- Have underlying medical conditions and risk factors.
What treatments are available?
Therapeutics authorized or approved for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19:
- Lagevrio / molnupiravir (Merck).
- Paxlovid (Pfizer).
- Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) (Veklury).
- COVID-19 convalescent plasma.
Ordering COVID-19 therapeutics
Providers who would like to receive, dispense, and treat individuals with COVID-19 can request federally purchased and Department of Health (DOH) allocated COVID-19 therapeutics (monoclonal antibodies and oral antivirals).
Sites must establish a Healthcare Partner Order Portal (HPOP) account to submit allocation requests and track shipments. Learn more about HPOP.
For HPOP access, please fill out and complete this form.
The medical countermeasures (MCM) team will create a HPOP account for providers. Once an account is created, providers will receive a welcome sign-in email from HPOP and a welcome email from the DOH MCM team with additional information.
Requirements: A provider who received COVID-19 therapeutics must report utilization and product on-hand in HPOP. DOH will not consider a site for additional allocation of therapeutics if they have not yet reported their on-hand/administered courses PRIOR to requesting additional product.
Sign up to receive DOH COVID-19 therapeutics partner newsletter for updates.
To find available doses in your area, use the HHS COVID-19 therapeutics locator.
Free telehealth for COVID-19 treatment
DOH offers telehealth as a free and easy way to see if COVID-19 oral antivirals such as Paxlovid are right for you. Oral antivirals are available by prescription only. They must be taken within the first five days of experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and testing positive for COVID-19.
- Therapeutics information for healthcare providers, DOH.
- Free telehealth appointments for COVID-19 treatment, DOH.
- COVID-19 therapeutics: resources for healthcare professionals, HHS/ASPR.
- Test to treat locator, HHS/ASPR.
- Interim clinical considerations for COVID-19 treatment in outpatients, CDC.
- COVID-19 treatment guidelines, National Institutes of Health.
Email DOH at firstname.lastname@example.org.